Tealight Flight

*New Update* Thank you all for your comments,  anytime that fire is involved, please be careful! Also, the tea-lights are in a metal container and I have never had a tea-light burn the metal. Also, this goes in my fireplace so even if it did, perfect place right :) If you are too worried then please don’t make this project
Taking junk and turning it into something beautiful, what’s not to like? The first thing that came to my mind was the huge bag of used plastic Easter Eggs taking up space in my pantry. It felt wrong to throw them away and I am glad I didn’t. After some brainstorming, I came up with…. The Tealight Flight. It was super simple and came out really modern and classic looking.
Here is how I did it:
I took 12 egg bottoms (which I only ended up using 11).
I spray painted the top side and waited for that to dry, then painted the bottom side. Make sure to use a spray paint that is specifically for plastic. It took me about 3-4 coats; waiting 20 minutes between coats.
I waited for them to dry overnight before I started the next step. Then, I found a piece of scrap wood in our garage. It was flawless looking and I didn’t even need to sand it or anything. Make sure your eggs are fully covered by the spray paint.
Start by gluing the center egg to the center of the board. I used E6000, which is super strong. Use a tiny dot in the bottom if the egg then use a dot on each side of the egg to connect the ones side by side.
Keep doing this until you have glued all of your eggs down.
Wait 24 hrs before you place your tealights in!

Find the perfect spot, I put mine in my fireplace…

Comments

I’m always amazed what can be made from so called junk, well done. I love upcycling, recycling,reducing,reusing stuff to create new things, saves so much stuff from going to landfil.
    If you get some spare time I’d love you to drop by for a visit.
    Sherrie from Simpleliving

not sure if i commented on this or not but i must this very moment. i love this project! i told my sister-in-law about it and she made one with her kids :) its genius and so modern, love it!

Hi, i think that i saw you visited my weblog thus i came to “return the favor”.I’m trying to
    find things to enhance my site!I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!!

Was initially in actual fact trying to find just a typical shower enclosures
    before I stubled onto this page, did not have any idea there was any such thing as a
    ‘steam shower enclosure’, really, will probably
    just may have to buy one

That looks similar to my own shower we got a hold
    of only recently, very pleased with it for those on the fence with regards to acquiring one, do it now, you will not regret it

I was excited to discover this great site. I want to to thank you for
    your time for this particularly wonderful read!!
    I definitely liked every bit of it and i also have you
    saved as a favorite to see new things on your
    site.

A guaranteed cash advance is meant to ease out certain unexpected fiscal mishaps Alina Rose Makeup Blog i totally appreciate that the whole country is struggling through these difficult economic times, where there a
    wide range of people in far worse situations than i
    find myself.