- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 8)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber, seeded and grated (about 1 1⁄4 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 flat breads or pocket-less pitas, warmed
- 1 small romaine heart, leaves torn if large
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- (I add lemon juice)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with the cayenne, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Cook until cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes per side. Cut into bite-size pieces.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together the yogurt, cucumber, mint, garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper (and lemon).
- Top the flat breads with the romaine, chicken, tomatoes, and tzatziki.
It makes a ton of Tzatziki and I always have leftover sauce so we use it as veggie dip for the next few days. So good! Last night I served our pitas with Couscous and Sauteed Garlic Zucchini. Lovely summer meal :)