Casserole Carrier

I like to make homemade wedding gifts whenever I can. I saw this Casserole Carrier Tutorial from Two Little Hooligans and I was allll over it. She has really detailed instructions. The only thing that I didn’t do (and should have) was add a little extra length because the Pyrex that I found had built in glass handles. But I still love how it turned out. Halfway through I remembered an old post from Jill where she added belting instead of making the handles. She also etched the couples last name into the Pyrex. Done. I shamelessly copied two crafters!

I used a super bold print for the outside and a cute little dot pattern for the inside.

I also added a label.

And etched the glass.

And now I want one :) Have you made any homemade wedding gifts lately?
Pin It

Comments

I love the fabric that you used! Totally adorable! I might have to make one of these for my Mom, I think she really needs one. Thanks for a great idea.

P.S. it’s not shamelessly stealing because you gave credit where credit is due. Thanks for linking to the original tutorial!

that is genius! i mean, how many times do you have dinner with friends and show up with a dish and have nothing pretty to carry it in. i literally brought apple crisp to a neighbor’s party last weekend and had that exact pyrex pan. i think i would have impressed everyone if i showed up with it in that! love it!

adorable and i love the funky fabric! Great job! It is casserole time again this fall so this would be perfect to take to new moms, sick people and shut ins from church.

thanks for the great idea.

hugs,
    natalie

4. Shelby Buchanan says

Hi Taylor! I absolutely LOVE it!! Such a brilliant gift and the fabric is perfect! I can’t wait to use it :) Thanks so so so much!!

P.S. Eric loves it too. He said it’s his favorite wedding gift!

These are gorgeous! I saved the original tutorial but also this post in my EN because you have some great ideas (love your handles better) and love the fabric! THanks for sharing!

Taylor, just finding this and LOVE it! I seriously need sewing lessons from you this summer! Not kidding; I’m such a sewer wanna-be but and barely sew a button on… sad I know! Anyway I love this…it’s the same material as my nursing cover though; haha! ;)
    Scheduling lessons soon!
    Mackenzie :)

7. Rebecca says

So, I know this is a really old post, but I was wondering if you used 1 inch belting or 1-1/2 inch? I am planning on making a few, and wanted to buy it in bulk, since it is cheaper that way. :)