Silhouette Cameo Dust Cover (with pattern)

Remember last Thanksgiving when I WON a Silhouette Cameo? It was an exciting moment in my blogs life. I used to own a regular ole Silhouette and I was totally fine with it. I even made it a Dust Cover HERE. But when I won my new one, it went naked for a while. This has been on my to do list for about a year. Better late than never :)
You will need a piece of fabric that is 22 1/2″ x 13″. Then you need to print out the Edge PATTERN PIECE HERE. Made sure your edge pieces are facing opposite directions, you can cut on the fold too. Disclaimer: I used a serger to finish my edges, however if you want to add a hem, you might want to add a 1/2″ to these measurements.

Then, with right sides together start pinning the edges to the main square of fabric.

It will soon look like this, then you sew. Clip Your corners after you sew.

Then I serged, or you could do 1/2″ hem.
Now she’s not naked, but she does have matching underwear :) Did anyone else make a custom face-plate or am I the only one? Oh come on guys, anyone?

Pin It

Comments

did you ever watch mama’s family as a kid??? well i did, and to this day it remains one of my favorite television shows. on mama’s family, there was a character named iola and she was a crafter extraordinaire. she made “cozies” for everything, in including toilet paper. anyway, this reminds me of something iola would make. and i mean that in a good way!!!

CupcakesOMG!

I’ve been wanting to do this for a while, thanks for the pattern! And yes, I plan to make a custom faceplate too, but I’m suffering from crafting ADD – I see a pattern I like, then 2 seconds I see another one I like, then 2 seconds later……..get the picture? Now I have to figure out a fabric to use too!! Lord help me!

3. Sheri says

Taylor, I stumbled across your site looking for other sites that might be selling the cameo dust cover. I don’t sew, so making my own wasn’t even a thought I had until a friend, who does sew, and I came across your site and this wonderful pattern. She made me one that is perfect for my craft room. Thanks so much for sharing this great idea and the pattern. I might be able to talk her (or my mom) into making me a cover for every season. How fun would that be???? I bookmarked your site so I can enjoy your other posts.

My boyfriend just bought me a sewing machine for christmas and I just bought him a silhouette cameo. Thank you so much for this great pattern, this will be my first project as a beginning sewer!! Wish me luck :D

This is great! I got a Cameo for Christmas & will be making one of these soon!! I also need to work on the faceplate, and some vinyl to make it ‘my own’!! Thanks for sharing :)

thanks so much for this! I have the duffle bag type case myself but I kow people that have a silhouette and no bag so I’ll be making a couple as gifts! I do have one question though – what is the seam allowance in this pattern?

Found this tutorial via Pinterest – thanks so much. It took a couple of tries to get the side pieces on right (thank goodness for my seam ripper!) but it turned out great. And yes, the fabric matches my face plate :)

8. Beth R says

LOVE this, I just found your site from the message board from the KBS classes on Jessica Sprague. Took me a long time but I am here and love your cover. BUT i am soooo curious about your faceplate. How did you make it? What did you use? etc…..please share the deets.
    I plan on spending much more time here just looking around :)

• says

thanks beth!! ok there is a design that came loaded on my cameo software and it is a template for the cameo faceplate! and then you just put in any cardstock and it cuts it!

Ah! I’ve been wanting a cover for forever and for some reason it never struck me to make one. Until tonight. And a quick google search brought this up. Thank you so much!! I could have done it but you took all of the work out of it and just left the fun. :)

I was curious if you ever thought of changing the page layout of your site?
    Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.
    But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people
    could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having 1 or
    2 pictures. Maybe you could space it out better?

First thing to consider in buying stocks from a company: KNOW THE COMPANY.
    If you need to make some quickly using investment, then you can purchase penny stocks.
    First the market cap is so small they would probably buy
    half the company with the change in their pockets compared to the average Joe.

Even though they differ from profit-oriented organizations, non-profit organizations still require
    proper economical management to budget their resources.
    With deals being launched in multiple cities, it is possible that a customer
    buying a car wash voucher in Florida will actually be benefiting
    a nonprofit in Oregon. Tech courses and incorporate subjects like Automobile engineering, Mechanical
    engineering, Electronics and communication engineering, Electronics and instrumentation engineering, Computer science
    and engineering, Information technology, Chemical engineering, Electrical & electronics engineering, Environmental engineering and
    Bio Technology.

Day after day, the Administration of Justice has granted equal protection claims to others.

However, for other non-Apple devices, they’ve yet to see the light of day.
    Interface lacks 3D, but still works wonders by hiding Win – Mo’s deficiencies, something like a chocolate-covered pill
    if you ask us.